Attended a wedding dinner last Saturday and I must say that was the most annoying yet interesting dinner I had attended so far. To start off, I was seated just right in front of the speaker which...umm...should be okay if they are just going to put on a nice soothing instrumental but alas.....instead I had to endure a whole night of karaoke session...as a matter of fact, I'm still recovering from the headache as well as the temporary hearing impairment (Might need to sign up for T's class if it doesn't get better by end of this week)
Scenario 1 - The MC with his stupid slang who kept on singing and singing (and then claiming that he's a "hardcore" fan of Elvis & Cliff Richard). How I wish he'll die and then he can join his hardcore idols in heaven/hell.....I must commended him for his good voice but to sing the whole night???
Scenario 2 - A lady guest went up and sang "The Power of Love" (dedicated to the parents, not the newlyweds) and that's where I actually lost my appetite (and that was only the 2nd course) She sang her heart out with all that shouting and funny pronounciation and the off-key tunes and and and...argh.....and remember the big black speaker behind me???? Shucks! She has guts!
After all the ordeal of some other guests who went up and sing, suddenly...whoosh....the karaoke technician went up and sing too! (I supppose he was trying to tell the host that they are yet to pay him) That moment...that minute.....I regain my appetite .....I was mesmerised........I fell in love with the song Cinta Sonata. Man.....he can sing!
Monday, October 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm just helping him in pursuing his wish to be with his hardcore idols! It's not my fault that his hardcore idols are dead....
Post a Comment