
15 August 2005 @5.30pm, I was driving along Rock Road on my way home from work when a car driven by a young boy (who just got his license few weeks ago) suddenly came from the opposite side of the road and rammed into me and due to the impact, my car was thrown towards the other side heading for the big drain. Should it not for the strong railing along the drain, my car would have plunged into the drain and I can never imagine what's going to happen to me. My first thought after my car was miraculously stopped just as the first rail was broken was whether there was a pedestrian there cos' it sure is going to be very messy should there be one.
After days of lamentation, God has really been there with me throughout the whole thing. Lots of 'ifs' came into the picture:
1) What if there are cars at the inner lane, would I be able to escape death such way?
2) What if there was a pedestrian walking along the road, would he/she survive?
3) What if the driver who rammed into me died, would I be able to accept it for the rest of my life, though I was not at fault?
4) What if the rail is not strong enough, what will happen......to me?
At that moment, when I saw my car heading towards the drain, my first thought was whether is there anything that I'm yet to achieve/tell, especially telling my loved ones that I love them and would I have the opportunity to see at least 1 of my loved one before I go? As a matter of fact, that day was suppose to be the happiest day of my life cos' I have just found out in the morning that an overdue reconciliation in the family has been settled.
There are lots of uncertainty in lives and I now live on the philosophy of living today as if it's your last and be sure to say "I love you" to my loved ones everyday just in case I might not be able to say it again tomorrow.
15 August 2005 - This is the day God granted me a 2nd chance in life.
1 comment:
But not my poor car......
Post a Comment