Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Wisma Saberkas - the many reasons to go there

Wisma Saberkas has never been a popular shoppping haven for tourists but you'll be suprised how much it can attracts locals like me....

It has always been one of my favourite Saturday lunch hangout merely because I can do lots just over 2-3 hours there...and the free parking is a bonus too (though it's always full and you have to drive round and round and round the complex until you reach the toppest floor before you can find one....

This is what I've done over the weekend just at one shopping complex:
1) Lunch @HongKong Noodle House - This has always been A's favourite eatery and their recent implementation of member's dicsount card give him more reason to eat there...The noodles are great and so it the roasted duck...For those who is not from Kuching, this is similar to the roasted duck/chicken restaurant at the corner of Sg Wang Plaza.

2) Handphone Browsing - Saberkas is one place where you can actually go from Level 1 all the way to the top level and and at every level, you will find at least 1 shop selling handphones. Stopped over my regular shop to buy my handsfree and I fell in love with one Nokia brand...Need to find reason to change my old Nokia 6670...

3) Impulsive Specs purchase - Stopped over my regular optician (there is only one there) and did a very ad-hoc decision in making a pair of specs....Got myself a frameless specs..yay!

4) Paying a courtesy visit to my one and only crafts supplier in Kuching, Techno Graphic - I can never go in and come out empty handed, so normally if I have nothing in mind, I'd rather not go inside cos I'll end up buying all the papers and materials that I have already had at home...

5) DVDs shopping - Your visit to Saberkas will not be complete if you did not pay a visit to the local pirated dvd store....I was there looking for a Keith Urban's CD for my dad (and yes, they pronounced it right!)

6) and finally, off to the supermarket at the lower ground floor..

7) Oh yes, don't forget my main purpose for my visit last Saturday, took a photo of the building.

So, imagine how many things one can do at Wisma Saberkas....

Apart from what I have listed, Wisma Saberkas is also a good place to shop for computers and its peripherals as well as salons....

There are more salons then the rubbish bins at Wisma Saberkas, ranging from the highly sophisticated hairdressers to just an apek at the lower basement corner shoplot..Prices ranges from RM20 to RM5 per haircut...

There you have it...Now you know why i like Wisma Saberkas so much....

4 comments:

Chen said...

Wisma Saberkas used to be my hangout place when I was working in Kuching. Well, that's the nearest shopping mall within walking distance from the houseman's quarters (for those poor people like me who didn't have transport) :P

I guess the last time I visited the place was either end of 1999 or early 2000?

Chen said...

where is the photo of the building ah? Since u mentioned the main purpose there last Sat is to take the photo of the building? ;)

Chen said...

Forget to tell u that u r tagged with this Charity Tag :)

MNG said...

Chen
Lokter, u spammed my blog ah??

Wanted to post the photo but sitiupid blogspot kept on rejecting my uploading....

U tagged me ah??? Ok, me go and check out