Allow me to do a follow-up of my entry on the *$#^ service people. I just found it so funny and hilarious this time...
Ok, shortly after that stupid man calling me rubbish hang up the phone, 2 of his colleagues came to see me and pass me the questionaires (it's a 24-page form all in BM with a tiny puny translation to english at the bottom) to be forwarded to several selected residents to complete and return to them. They came on a Wed and demand to have the forms back by Thursday....Is this stupid or not??? Anyway, I told them I am going to give the residents until the following Monday to return. They agreed and left. Note: I wanted to LOL when they handed me the list of selected residents. All the selected ones are expat...that's not the end, people
Thurs, Friday & Monday - without fail, they called and asked for the forms...my staff called the residents to follow-up and apparantely all the residents have difficulty in completing the forms (obviously) and requested the officers to visit them for explanation.
I called the lady and told her that the residents have given consent for them to interview and boy, was she thrilled...Since I was cheeky that day, before I put down the phone, I said" Oh another thing, they don't understand BM at all and you need to talk to them in English." At that moment, her tone changed and she said not even one word? I said no and she reluctantly say ok, I'll try and get someone who can converse in English to call them.
This morning....she called me again...This is just too fun I have to turn into a dialogue mode:
Lady: Ms papercrazy, can we take back all the forms from you?
Me: I don't have the forms. They are with the respective residents and you can get it back when you go and talk to them
Lady: Oh, it's ok now...We decided not to go anymore cos our project has ended. So, we don't need your residents' feedbacks anymore
Readers, the deadline of the project is 31 JULY 2007
Me: Oh izzit? So, you didn't call them at all?
Lady: No need....We have completed our survey.
and the rest of the uneventful conversations goes on
2 things I have gathered from this:
1) The project has not bladdy ended...They are just freaking terrified to call the residents cos they flunk deep down in their English. Am just wondering how the non-english speaking people can actually get themselves a place in the Gov't departments?? I am really puzzled....
2) The guy who called my report Rubbish should be pardoned cos obviously he don't understand what Rubbish means!! He must have learnt that word from watching Disney Channel or Discovery and said "Hmm...that's nice word to use..I'm going to use it and make myself so cleber"
Friday, July 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
coz interview in the any govt related organisetion is conducted in BM!! hehehe.....
emails - BM
meetings - BM
everything BM!!
Faint!
not coming to kl anymore?
Winn
Ya lor..how they expect the uncles & aunties graduated from the english medium to understand....
Yes, going to KL next week for a very-squeezed-to-the-limit training in One World Hotel..:-)
Post a Comment