Monday, December 18, 2006

Everything so christmasy

Final week before Christmas and what have I been doing??? I haven't shop for pressies, I haven't put up the christmas tree, I haven't this, I haven't that blah blah blah

And I have done this:
1) I have brought cheers to about 200 poor children and their parents last Saturday by organising a christmas party for them. The Youth Wing of SSVP has sweat blood to raise funds for the past weeks and the party would not be a success without the help of all the generous benefactors (we raised nearly RM4,000) and the Parish Youth (for organising the christmas presents thingy) and the ever generous parishioners for making the effor to sponsor at least 1 present. I am deeply touched with the overwhelming response from the parishioners. We put up 220 over requests for presents (items as per req by the adoptees) and our fear of having a no-show presents or lousy presents was not even in existence. Some even go to the extent of buying a 4ft tall food hamper and judging from the contents, I guessed it cost more than RM100. Just in case you are one of the parishioner who sponsored or the youth that helped in the arrangements, our sincere and deepest appreciation. God bless you all..


One of the many many heaps of pressies
Some of the participants

2) Helped out in a funeral. An uncle passed on after 2 weeks in coma and we helped in the prayers and service and burial. My heart really goes out to the wife. She has just lost her daughter 4 years ago and now the husband was taken back to heaven. I've always have fond memories of him after 7 years of knowing the family. He was a jovial man and I can talk with him very openly despite the age gap. Anyway, we know he is in good hands now.

3)After the merry making and sad event, off we went to a dinner reception in celebration of our member's 40th wedding anniversary (Oh, believe it or not, but all these events happened on the same day!!). Dinner was at Kuching Mandarin. I didn't know the restaurant is adjacent to an old cinema. Anyway, since there were so many receptions on saturday, we were put up at the far end of the restaurant (whic was previously the cinema as per A). Food was good cos the tawkay and tawkay nio were invited too but ventilation was bad. Maybe because there were too many people but by the time the prawns arrived, everyone was fanning themselves....nevetheless no complaint about the food and everyone went home happy though sweaty..

Anyway, 6 more days to Christmas............

2 comments:

Redsponge said...

waiseh...kinteo...

just now u go there buy pressie ah? KHIK!

aiyo..why ur kuching mandarin..(hmm not mandarin hotel meh?) no air con one????? wa cin kia.

*cover mouth*

MNG said...

Redsponge
Got air cond but not cold enough....maybe because we were right at the far end of the restaurant lor...

mai kin teo.....

Looking for printer....people want to buy for me mah.....

*curi pinkcotton's christmas list and see what she's buying me.....*