I did the most unethical, unpopular, uneducated and uncalled thing just now.....Since this evening, I kept on receiving a call from one unidentified number and the first few calls were very noisy and unclear. I was so much annoyed and agitated after the 3rd call that by the 4th time it rang, I picked up and shouted at the caller (and the 4th call was the clearest)
To add more salt to the wound, he asked me as to why I have to shout without first identifying himself (and of which he never did) and then start asking who I am and said my number appeared in his phone...I was furious then that i answered back as to why he wants to know and he got pissed off and vice versa and we ended the call, both angry and parted with rude words.
After a good thought, the angel in me told me that I was at fault at the first place for shouting at him....I would have got angry too if I were him....being shouted at for no apparent reason....he might have a very bad coverage thus the noisy background.....seriously not his fault...
And I did the thing I never did before... I sms-ed him and apologise for shouting and claimed that I really did not call his number....and closing my eyes, I clicked the send button...
2 mins later, my phone beeped indicating a new message....I was like prepared to see a whole message full of vulgarities and swearing and cursing....Instead, I got his reply accepting my apology and he apologised as well!!! Oh well, see how much the 5 letter word helped!
At least I can sleep peacefully tonite knowing I have clear my conscience....he might still be cursing behind my back but at least I know I have done the right thing....
hahaha...so funny
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i too will get upset if i keep receiving unknown calls.
but thanks to sms, u can send text and press the send button. hehe
hope he doesnt call again!!
Its such a simple word and it does wonder
But then again, not everything can be cleared with it
You did a great thing there
:)
Winn
Yupe, sms is the safest...
at least dun have to hear the other caller scolding and shouting at you...heheh
I think digi got problem..i received yet another wrong caller the next day....but this time, he sent me sms apologising!! lol
Talking about wat goes around comes around...
Zeroimpact
True true..sometimes just by saying sorry might not clear everything..
sorry is a magic word
it indeed can do wonders
i can calm down many of those bengang and angry patients with just a simple sorry (although it's not my fault and i didn't do anything wrong in the first place, but it has something to do with the ministry or the system etc)...
hehhehe...
Post a Comment