Shucks!! As I was updating this blog this morning on the above subject, the internet connection suddenly fall dead on me and I lost everything that I've typed. Now I have to crack my head re-calling what I have typed this morning.Double Shucks! Computer is definitely not a best friend of mine!
I was talking about my best friends. I used to have a very good friend way back in primary school and we were both inseparable. However, we lost contact after she left for another state and though we promised to stay in touch, it never happen. That was my first. Then, later in my secondary years, I found a replacement and we continue being the best of friends until she left for another state to further her studies. We went a little further in the sense that we continue to write and phone each other at least once in 2 weeks. Unfortunately, the 2 weeks became 2 months, and then 2 years and now, it is like "I-don't-care-if-she-calls" kinda attitude. I realised that my relationship with both my then best friends were only bonded thru constant meeting and the phrase "Out of sight, out of mind" is really very very true. So, when I came accross a quote by Elisabeth Foley that says "The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart" is nothing but bullshit.
However, I have different view about best friend after I met a certain long legged being. We started off as colleagues 9 years ago and later went our separate ways after our Company decided to call it a day and put us on retrenchment. We do still contact each other though not that frequent. We were made colleagues again in another company for a short while before I left for another job. Though we seldom meet (not as often as when were colleagues) and phone calls were not that frequent anymore (blame it on the higher cost of living), we are still the best of friends and there's nothing I would like to trade for a friend like her.
I was doing a bit of stock-take on the gifts that she bought me over the years and I'm still keeping them all until today. Amongst all the numerous gifts that she bought/gave, this is one "gift" from her that I cherished the most (Wonder whether she still remember this or not)

The content of that small pocket is so priceless that it's not a legal tender anymore.
1 comment:
U remembered the brand too....I was so hard-up for coffee then....
Honestly, I'm not a good hoarder, that was the only thing that I've been keeping all this while.
Post a Comment