Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Thrifty Me

Well, since the Government can't do much about the fuel increase and today's newspaper quoted our PM asking us all to be thrifty, http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/3/7/nation/13583616&sec=nationI have to play my part as a law-abiding citizen by doing my part in being a Ms Thrifty Spendy a.k.a Aunty Scrooge. This is what I pledge to do:(P/s shall let u all know how much I can survive such ordeal in a week's time)

1) Cut down my lunch expenses. Daily expenses should not exceed RM5.00. Accumulation is allowed. Sumptuous lunch is only allowed at the end of the month after accumulation of lunch allowance is sufficient. However, treat from friends are most welcome.
2) Cycle to work since petrol's price is so inhuman. Perhaps move somewhere nearby. There's a piece of empty land accross my office. Perhaps I could start building a house there.
3) Reduce my monthly spending on papers and crafts to only RM50.00
4) Only drink coffee or tea in the office. (I can save on my household expenses that way)
5) Do my business in the office (to save on water and toilet paper at home)
6) Shall only call/sms friends who are using the same network operator so that I could take advantage of the Family & Friends rate. To friends who are using a different network operator : Sorry guys, you wouldn't get anymore phone calls/sms from me.
7) No more shopping in KL. Will start patronizing places like Teck Kong, Ai Lee or Ngiu Kee. Purchase at Parkson is only allowed if there are sales.
8) No more Cliniques or Estee Lauder. Shall switch to Loreal or Kao Biore.....(hahahaha, took me quite a while to figure out the name)

There u have it. Wonder how much I can achieve out of that 8 items. We shall see....never underestimate the power of Ms Thrifty Spendy

2 comments:

MNG said...

Well. what to do...blame it on the Gov't!!!! Hey, I've just received a RM5 DIGI credit for me to call a certain 012 number....So, you'll be getting sms/call from me afterall (or until the credit is up, that is)

MNG said...

Are u not afraid she might read my blog and see your comments about her???? The choykiewism thingy????
I think the RM5 will be up fairly quickly. I've just spent RM0.60 on you y'day