What are the things that you used to do or like to do when you were young? (Young as in like in yr pre-teens, before the boys had the croaky voice and the girls the once-a-month dilemma and a good excuse to participate in the PE class) Sidetrack: I wonder why that was a frequently-used-excuse in order to escape the sweaty running around the field activity.
Anyway, the very few things that I never get to enjoy or learn or experience during my days as little girl who loved to wear just the blue pinafore (take out the white shirt) on Fridays:
1) Rope Skipping - I can never get the hang of it. I used to fancy my classmates who can perform a non stop skipping while talking with you.....
2) Rope jumping or Zero Point (is that what it was called??) - I'm only good up to, like 1 ft above the ground??? Some of my friends can actually jump accross a rope as high as their classmates......and then u get to like twist and turn with the rope??? I sure pelanting doing that....Also, there was no shame shame business then....imagine wearing the knee length dark blue pinafore doing the jumping?? Ngai tee......can see all the sloggis, sorella or even some cartoon patterned undies.....(Oh, some even wear the gross nylon type box shorts with 2 white lines at the side)
3) Riding a bicycle - No, I don't know how to ride a bicycle. Not before, not now, not forever.....I'm terrified of falling down.
4) School Prefect - I've always envied the school prefects and has always been my dream to be one..... As a matter of fact, I was made one in primary 4 but only for a month....Nope, I was not stripped of my
5) Play with neighbours/cousins - We moved out to the city when we were very young and we don't get up close and personal with cousins or aunties or uncles until very very much later....We played among the siblings (there were 3 of us then). The happies moment was when I've learnt that my childhood friend (whose parents are somehow related to my aunty) decided to move and stay next door to us.....
6) No birthday parties - Would you believe it if I told you that I have never been to a friend/classmate's birthday party during my primary school years???? Either it was not a norm then or my friends' parents were just too stingy to hold one....
7) In addition to Item 6. I have never celebrate birthday too....Come birthday, mom will bake a small cake with the real icing sugar icing and some red eggs....and that's about all.....oh yes, pressie of course but a very simple ones, like pen, notebooks or shirts..
8) Board an aeroplane - The furthest destination was Sibu and that was normally by land. I remembered vividly the first time I was on plane was when we all had to fly back to Sibu when my aunty died in an accident.
What's yours?
9 comments:
*PAT PAT*
I did from 1-6.
Hey..this could be a tag! mwehheehe
I will blog on this when I got time!
^^
I got alot of things i didn't get to do ohhhh~~
hey, wouldn't it too sexy with only the blue pinafore on?LOL
RedSponge
U very lucky lor.....different era mah.....
13th Panda
Sexy with just blue pinafore??? What can be so sexy for a 8 year old little girl?? Still flat chest lah....
*Examine meself to see whether still flat or not!!! * LOL
Muahahaha
Now... all this thing about pinafore sounds fun...
Childhood memories are just nice
:)
Zeroimpact
LOL......
That's the only time u can wear yr pinafore without the white shirt mah...Try it with secondary punya..itu garantee sexy!!
rope skipping - haven't do that for donkey years. Used to do rope skipping during my primary school days
rope jumping - fulamak. I have forgotten about this game liao leh..
kakakaka
riding a bicycle - wah.. haven't ride bicycle for some time liao.. few years only lah.. not so long also :D
school prefect - I weld this post during my Form 6 time :P
play with neighbour - Previously I had a good childhood fren whom i lost contact with after his father transfered to Sibu after we finished kindergarden, but surprisingly we met up again 25 years later !!!
no birthday parties - same here too. I never attended friend's birthday parties leh during primary school time.
never celebrate birthday? - I didn't have those big scale birthday party but I did have birthday cake baked by my mother and few nice home cooked dishes for birthday dinner with my family :)
board on aeroplane - the first time i board on plane was during my Form 2 time. Pergi Singapore. So excited leh !! :)
Chen
Fulamak! After 30 odd years, only now I realised I was normal all this while!!!
Tenkiu..tenkiu...tenkiu for sharing the same memories
Bow lokter like the msn punya yellow bow-man
1) Rope Skipping - nah... boys are only interested in Cheerleaders, not rope skipping gals.
2) Rope jumping or Zero Point - now you know why boys like to stand nearby and watch girls playing rope jumping??
3) Riding a bicycle - get a car then
4) School Prefect - cry for what?? prefects are ball carriers! Have you notice any school prefects today, when they've grown up, are successful and rich businessmen?? Ha... that's retribution all you farking ball carriers
5) Play with neighbours/cousins - don't bother; relatives are pain in the arse.
6) No birthday parties - who wants birthday parties? You get junk presents
7) In addition to Item 6. - at least you don't get needful things as presents like underwear?
8) Board an aeroplane - they are dangerous. And you risk getting trombosis for sitting in plane for too long. Airline food sucks too.
Anonymous
This is not a site for you to vent your anger, for whatever reasons.
Thank you for visiting and hope NOT to see you again.
Post a Comment