I baked 2 trays for Easter brunch and everyone said it was nice....and I baked another tray last Saturday for SSVP gathering (though a bit burnt but everyone said it was nice too and I have my whole car smell like lasagna too) and the last tray was last Sunday evening and I must say that was the best of all......it was so nicely baked and the cheese melted at the right texture...hmmmm..
Since I'm in good mood today, I'm sharing with you my recipe...(No measurement tho, just ingredients cos I'm the type of person who doesn't believe in measurement!)
Top View
Side ViewMNG's Traditional Lasagna
Ingredients:
1 pkt of instant Lasagna sheets (San Remo)
1 pkt of Mozarella Cheese (parmesan works just fine)
1 tub of Cheddar Cheese, chopped finley (optional)
Minced Beef
1 bottle of San Remo bolognese sauce (Only lazy people uses this, otherwise, u can put in some herbs and tomato puree, it works just fine)
1 small can of San Remo Tomato puree (again, this is optional)
Garlic, Celery, Carrot and Onions (cubed finely - I omitted the celery cos' I hate it)
I bottle of fresh milk
A tablespoon of flour
Butter (250gm, I think)
Preparation:
Beef filling:
Put a quarter butter into a pan, put in all the garlic, celery, carrot and onions. fry lightly and then add in the beef....Simmer for a while, and then add in the bolognese sauce and the puree...Salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for awhile and cover it for later use.
Cheese Sauce
Put another quarter butter into a pan and let it melt, add in flour, stir it for a while, then pour in the milk...let it boil, switch off the fire and put in half the mozarella and cheddar....keep aside
Preparation:
Oil the baking tray; start the base with a layer of beef, then the cheese sauce before u lay the lasagna sheets on top to cover; repeat the process until u r satisfy with the thickness (but don't go for more than 3 layers) end the layering with a layer of beef and the sauce....sprinkle the remaining mozarella and cheddar. Bake it at 180C for no more than 30 mins, or until golden brown......Let it set for 5 mins before cutting it....
Yummy....Enjoy
7 comments:
hehehe.... I know u r going to ask that question.....next round, ok???
hmm...bei ho ciak
Anonymous - Make one more negative comment and I'm gonna read your BLOG...........
Nice or not?
Very nice indeed, especially the last tray that I baked...
Hi mng,
I am anonymous02. Anonymous does not allow me to drop any comment here!
Though she said bei ho ciak, she still ate alot right? She even had it for lunch the next day! haha
Btw, I like ur blog! =)
Hi Anonymous2
Anonymous send regards!
Thanks for reading my blog....How I wish I cud read the blogs of the 2 naughty anonymouses....
Post a Comment