Wednesday, June 07, 2006

06-06-06

As I was browsing through the church notice last Sunday in church, I couldn't help noticing the long list of wedding masses yesterday. What is so great about getting hitched on a working Tuesday, I thought.... Then, after much thoughts, I realised that it was not the Tuesday that the couples are interested in, but the date..

Honestly, there were at least 7 knowned weddings yesterday, what more the unknowned ones. I was caught in a jam yesterday evening on my way back from work due to the overflowing of cars attending receptions in various hotels & restaurants in the city.

So, what's so great about the triple 6???? Apart from the nice arrangement of numbers (060606), I don't find any significance resembling the number 666, but I do came accross an extract from the bible signifying 666 as the numbers for the devils....Even the movie The Omen was launched on 06-06-06.....Not sure about the chinese belief though....Perhaps someone can tell me????

A piece of advice here for young couples who are preparing to get married - Don't miss 07-07-07, 08-08-08, 09-09-09 or maybe even 10-10-10........I would go for 88-88-88......Don't u think that's an even nicer number????


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

666 totals......18 and 1 + 8 equals to 9.....upside down 6
not sure if this makes sense......he he he he he

MNG said...

Junoesque - Supp people don't get married anymore by then...they just breed...

Enrique - What's the signifance of 18?? :-)