Monday, June 26, 2006

Singapore

I'm finally back from my shopping spree in Singapore and my legs are aching like hell.....We are proud of the hotel that we stayed though very basic but much better than the lousy Grand Central...Strand Hotel is located at Bencoolen Street and a walking distance to Orchard as well as to Bugis/Bras Basah......

Plaza Singapura was the most visited place in my list (I went there at least 2 times daily during the my 3 days stay in Singapore) cos that's where I bought my craft items, at Spotlight... The 2nd most visited place was Bras Basah Complex where I spent the biggest chunk of my Singapore dollars at Art Friend (rubber stamps, inkpad and all that stuff)

Albeit the short stay, I managed to do the following:
1) Bought my craft materials from Spotlight , Prints and Art Friend
2) Bought 2 blouses & a pleated skirt from Chomel
3) Bought several T-shirts from Hang Ten
4) Shopped at Marks & Spencer
5) Sightseeing at the Esplanade and Merlion Park

Talking about the Merlion, we walked all the way on the last day of our stay just to find that the ever famous icon of SIngapore, the Merlion was closed for touch-up and restoration.....and the thing that impressed me was the way they keep the renovation and dirty works as discreet as possible....Instead of just cover it up with some unsightly canvas or plywood (like what we normally get in Kuching), the Government actually took the effort to camouflage it with a very artistic painting.










The Merlion hidden behind....














The first stray animal found in Singapore city....and a smart one too...

Fancy keeping guard of it's bronze counterpart..

No comments: