Friday, June 09, 2006

Names translation

This is fun! Spotted a website where it will help to translate your first name to Japanese...I was so thrilled at trying just to find out that Japanese doesn't recognise my name! Shucks! So, I have to settled with a name closest to mine and this is how it turns out:

This is how my more-or-less-name should look like in Japanese:

I'm a mandarin-challenged person but I can more or less gauge what the above character is in Mandarin (People said Mandarin & Japanese are similar leh)...Anyway, I think it shud be "Muk Er Tou" (meaning Wood Two Knife)...HAHAHAHAHAHAH........

Anyway, those mandarin literate people out there - Pls correct me if I'm wrong in the translation....

This blog has just made my downhearted-boring-depressed day much more meaningful!!!!

Have a great weekend to one and all!

4 comments:

Redsponge said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Redsponge said...

The last character there looks like the chinese word 'li' (energy).

Actually there is 'ta' in Japanese language. You can try to key in 'tad', take only the first character from the result. Replace the first character from 'tad' with the last character that you have in this blog, that's how your Japanese name looks like.

MNG said...

Thanks Red Sponge for the explanation.

Did u study Japanese??

Redsponge said...

Hee...take up Japanese as my third language in Uni. Can only manage to remember the suku kata now. ;p