Monday, June 12, 2006

Food Review

Was supposed to post this last Friday but I forgot the name of the shop until Mau went back to the place and got the name for me. (Thanks Mau!)

Ok, Mau and I went to Xuan Ye Delicous Food for lunch last Friday (it's a cafe ala resturant style located opposite Star Cineplex, next to Sin Hua Travel)I first heard of this eatery from Leggy but never get to go there until now.

We were surprised to note the reasonably-priced menus and the variety of dishes, ranging from Western to Chinese. People are friendly and very helpful. The only problem I had was the difficulty in communicating since they only speak Mandarin (Despite being a handicap in communicating with them, they still took time to explain to me on all the dishes in their simple yet understandable English) Anyway, I ordered it's deep fried pork chop noodles and Mau ordered it's steamed pork with chinese sausage and rice....And all their dishes came with a bowl of hot seaweed soup and an awful lot of seaweed in the soup instead of just a few strains like some shops (Yeah yeah, I don't take seaweed but i love the soup tho) Between the 2 dishes + soup, 2 cans of Cincau, superb customer service and nice ambience, we were charged RM11.50 only


Steamed minced pork with chinese sausage. Notice the seaweed soup??? That's a lot, rite?? Mau insisted that I took the photo with a bit of action, thus the hands.

Deep Fried Pork Chop with Noodles - Sorry for the puny looking noodles....It was not like that when it was served....I was too hungry I actually stirred the noodles before realising that I haven't took the pix.


A little girl of about 4 years old wearing a pyjama (presumed must be the tawkay nio's daughter) was seen "helping" in serving the customers. I know, I know, this is actually child labour, but I was just too impressed with their service to report them!! :-)

Thumbs up for the good service, good food and good price! Will sure go back there soon.


1 comment:

MNG said...

Park at Star Cineplex....