I'm back in action...Thanks for waiting...Had a very fun and enjoyable trip to KL except for a few bad encounters.
OF AIR ASIA
Thumbs down for AirAsia....But then again, I must say the airline is really cool and it was indeed a no-frill flight except for an hour delay both going and coming back. Problem is not really with the airline but more of the passengers....Flew to KL on the new airbus (and was really comfy and smoth flying) but we returned using an old and haggard boeing 737 which seats that can be removed and nasi lemak that was over-re-heated (Thanks to Pinkcotton who kept on convincing us to try out the nasi lemak..yucks!)
Aside the service, we encountered several uncivilised, uneducated people who prefers to practise the law of the jungle....On our flight to KL, 2 ah lians doesn't understand the meaning of queuing..For them, Queue means Kill (which literally means they have to kill in order to board the plane)...these assholes just barged in as we began to move in line and to my dissapointment, the airasia crew still smiled at them and wished them a good journey!!!
Coming back lei.....Even worse...Queue for the check-ins were like snakes......U'll find people with trolleys at every nook and corner trying their way to cut queues....Standing there in line reminds me of the TV programme Supermarket Sweep....
Check-in done, bags labelled and thrown into the
So, Junoesque - good luck on your forthcoming trip in December!!!
Ok, Ok, I shall not go further on the airline cos I have more interesting stories to share
OF KL
Changed a lot since the last time I was there which is just a year ago....Haze was so bad we couldn't even see the KL tower from our hotel room.

Within 1 day, we met 3 taxi drivers, the cuckoo, the senile and the devil....
LCCT-Hotel: The cuckoo - As we were lining up for taxi, I spotted a driver wearing a mickey mouse hat (with the ears and what not) and prayed silently I wud not get him.....A said my prayer was answered when the cuckoo came to our "rescue"...Throughout the journey he kept on asking us to call him for airport transfer blah blah blah....
KL Sentral-The Curve: The Senile - We boarded a cab and the driver (at least in his 70s)doesn't even know where the Curve is...Even after A explained to him, he was still blur blur until I cudn't stand it and asked him whether he knows or not, else we changed to other taxi (I know, I know, very mean of me, but hey, we are paying to be driven there, not the other way round). The moment I said that, he quickly started his car and still mumble mumble on how to get there....and A has to tell him the direction all the way there...and he nearly rammed into a Vios (phew.....)
KL Sentral-hotel: That was after we have been 'cheated' by the train.....waited for the 10.15pm train back and was then delayed to 11.15pm...we took the cab and finally, we experienced the real KL taxi driver....He drove like mad and we were home within 10mins........ahhhhhhh
OF FOOD AND FOOD
Warning: Pls do not drool on my website
For our 1st nite dinner, we went to Manhattan Fish Market... The food there was glorious and value for money.....They serves mostly seafood, not just any seafood, but fresh and juicy ones...A and I ordered the fried seafood platter consisted of prawns, mussels, calamari, fish fillet and rice....yummy...To some people, U might find the presentation slightly LC (serves in big pan with the handle and what not) but heck, we are here for the food!!

As usual, I made a point to visit my ever favourite eatery, Secret Recipe...Tried something different this time (Cordon Bleu) and as usual, it never dissapoint me.....The food was so good that we just don't have the heart to walked off when the waiter gave us the wrong bill (at least 50% cheaper than our actual price) Was he ever grateful when we told him....he covered his mouth, shaked his bum bum a bit and said in a very apologetic feminine voice "Oh..I'm so sorry!"...(Note: It's a He)

A's cheese macaroni
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Doesn't look good??
Wait till u see the inside
Shucks!! I'm hungry now and it's only 5.40pm
List of other eateries that I have tried/bought/went in and came out empty handed/went back over and over again during my stay:
1) Esquire Kitchen
2) Chopstick Noodles
3) The Chicken Rice Shop
4) Bread Talk
5) Japanese Sushi from Jusco
6) Bee Cheng Hiang
7) Baskin Robins
8) etc etc etc etc
Enuf saying....photos please...........
OF SHOPPING AND OF WHAT NOT
Sale quite dissapointed....Even then, I spent almost a month's salary (after deducting car installment and petrol) on clothes and food....To my suprise, I did not buy a single shoe this time round.
Oh, being a good catholic girl, I fulfilled my sunday obligation before going for a shopping spree...Went to St John's Cathedral early Sunday morning for mass at 10.30am...As usual, u'll get people selling all sorts of things along the entrance and beggars begging....Pinkcotton was amused but I've told her it was even merrier previosuly...U even get barbers doing business there!! Hmmm....funny site
4 comments:
nYUM!
although i don't really favour dory fish and chippers. no quality lah
u shud try the seafood with rice cheese thingy. the waiter comes with the small torch and lights up yr food right in front for u.
Yo - But the fish is fresh and tasty
Anonymous - Yeah, that's the one we ordered...They lit the torch so near to A we thought he's going to burn A's hair (of whatever is left, that is!!! hahahahah)
I would not say that MAS is the best airline (the food sux too)but at this rate the other competitor airlines are performing, people will still settle for MAS even with the price hike and what not....
I would not hesitate to try AirAsia again if they improve on their service (but then again, looking at situation, their service is good, it's just the way they were been "bullied" both by the airport and their passengers)
Post a Comment