Wednesday, August 30, 2006

This post was meant for Monday but was put on hold due to the traffic update thingy.

Last Friday, we visited a friend, P, and celebrated her birthday ( I am not going to reveal her name neither will I post her picture here for privacy purposes and for those readers who knows who I'm talking about, please help to keep it private)

I have known her for almost 15 years. She is not just an ordinary girl. She's pretty, cheerful and has been bedridden for almost 20 years....No, she was not born that way.. in fact, she was a very healthy and active girl until she collapsed on her way to school one day and was in a coma. The family prayed so hard for her recovery and God answered their prayer....She has her life back, a restricted life but never a day will you hear her complaining or blaming God about her condition. In fact, she has been very diligent in saying her daily and night prayers and one can spot a whole stack of prayer books and rosary next to her bedside.

During our last visit, she shared with me about a movie that she watched. It's about a girl who was paralysed and was blaming God for her misfortune...and the girl's mother consoled her by asking her to think about what she has instead of what she don't have...Anyway, P concluded her story by telling me that despite her condition now, she's thankful to God that she can see the beauty of God's creation, she can hear the beautiful sound of nature and las tly, she can talk about the beauty of God's love for her....

How many of us can think that way? Honestly, I don't think I can!

1 comment:

Redsponge said...

Haih...always have to wait till we lose sth then will only be contented with what we have der.