Monday, October 23, 2006

of food and of food

Sorry for the semi-hiatus status.....Was busy and am still busy but I guess I would not be doing you all justice if I did not post something before the long hols....Well, not really long exactly but hey, beggars cudn't be choosers...It's a WORKING DAY for us Sarawakians and honestly I'm glad that the state government did not declare a holiday cos I don't like long holidays...Makes me dizzy.... Neverthless, this is what I have intended to do over the 2 days holidays:

1) Sleep late
2) Making a raya visit to one or two houses (and my lunch is settled)
3) Make christmas cards
4) Bake some char siew puff/beef cornish/chicken pie (substitute of bake = buy)
5) Sleep late
6) Make some sample wedding stationeries
7) Blog (??)

Let's start the day by making you all drool on your pc and yr stomach growl like a faulty hard disk

(Note: Beware of long post cos this is a..............long post lah :-)

FRIDAY

Was invited to a wedding reception at Hilton. Since my office is just a stone throw away from Hilton and my meeting finished late, I've decided not to go home. Instead, I went for a hairdo and had my long and silky frimsy looking hair curled. I have mixed reactions from friends and enemies alike... but I guess at the end of the day, I m better off with straight hair.

Anyway, dinner was great, wine was served and we ate to our hearts content...One complaint tho....I was basically lost as far as understanding of languages are concerned. Everything was in Mandarin. The MC spoke in mandarin, the singers sang in mandarin, my fellow tablemates spoke in mandarin and at one stage, I was so tempted in ordering Sunquick mandarin oranges drink.....but thank goodness for my secretary who acted as an interpreter that nite.


SATURDAY
Went to Casa Davide for dinner to celebrate the usual long overdue birthday dinner of our pal. Can't reveal the age thou. All I can say is that she's forever young!















Food and service just so-so but David (the owner) is a nice man. Mine came last (tho mine was the easiest among all the mixed grill and marijuana, marinara) but I must commend on david's professionalism. He must have heard us talking and complaining cos he was behind the open bar all this while in his fisherman's hat and casual wear. We did not realise that that was him until he came to our table and apologised on the delay. Anyway, to cut a long story short, my 2nd drink was on the house!! (Damn, I shud have ordered a vodka...heheheh...just kidding, I don't drink vodka)






mixed grill








my carbonara





A friendly man and sure earned a brownie point from me for being such a dear! Oh, David, just in case u reading this, perhaps u cud increase the portion of the mixed grill....It's kinda small, actually, or maybe because we are all growing up kids and big eaters....:-) and yes, I forgot to mention, we were given 20% discount and charged an additional RM1.50 for mineral water that we did not order....but we were to high to go to our next destination to notice the small amount

2 guys were seating next to us and they were busy snapping away photos and all that. My royalty even suggested that they cud be bloggers too and asked me to go and introduced myself! bleks!

After the dinner, and since we are living in a multinational country and it was so happened that Saturday was deepavali, we decided to travel from italy to india for our muruku and pappadam.
Went to Sri Shan Curry house and had our 2nd meal there....Had roti cheese, roti pisang, a plate of muruku and a plate of pappadam. Is it or is it not our lucky day...First, it was the 20% discount and the free drink, and here, we had the muruku, on the house too!
























Noticed the hanging fork & spoon??? Somebody insisted that he wanted to be featured in my blog but i refused to take his pix....

Oh, I learnt something new that night....the roti goes well with condensed milk........So, condensed milk is not only for making milo or coffee or horlicks....it works well with the indian food too.....

11 comments:

Chen said...

indeed a long long lonngggg post
o.O

by the time i finish reading the last sentence, i lupa what i read in the first paragraph liao leh.. :P

Trying to imagine how papercrazy looks like with curly hair.
*imagination runs wild*

I remember the skipping cotton cakap before in your previous post, the only milk u drink is condensed milk. So, now u not only can drink the condensed milk, u can eat it too :P

MNG said...

Chen
rewind again lah...read from the beginning again, since u all cuti today..

I guess I'd still prefer straight hair lah since I'm such a lazy bum....I don't think i wud have the time to take care of the curly hair anyway...

Yeah, that skipping cotton....how I wish I could soak her in water and she'll become soggy....

But canai soak in condensed milk really nice oh....we even mix the leftover milk with our teh tarik at the end!!

*Punch 2 holes on the condensed milk tin and start sipping while waiting for another comment*

Anonymous said...

Very long leh and hungry liao after reading...
Heh heh heh
I have straight hair too
:P
I must go people house for Hari Raya to ensure my lunch is settled

Anonymous said...

wah, you sure eat alot in just one day :P

Anonymous said...

zeroimpact
So yr lunch setled?? Poor me.....I haven't tasted a single pc of lemang or curry today..

The only curry I had today was Maggi Mee Perisa Curry for lunch and roti with Yeos Curry Ayam for dinner

Mr Goober
LOL

Anonymous said...

Mission failed ler
Stayed at home all this while having maggi
:(

MNG said...

Zeroimpact
We same fate lor..

Come, let's cook another packet of maggie mee curry flavour and share share

*At the same time, open another can of Yeo's curry chicken to share with Zeroimpact*

Anonymous said...

Wah got yeo's curry chicken
I want I want...
Sharing is the best
*brings and open a can of sardine*
*make tea too*
:)

MNG said...

Zeroimpact
Eh, we open so many can food what for?? No lemang or bread or rice to go with it...

Anyone bringing rice or not???

Redsponge said...

WAH

U EAT EAT EAT EAT...

tsk tsk tsk...

i heard from skipping cotton that you tak sabar sabar want to eat curry wo 'x'

MNG said...

Redsponge
Itu skipping cotton...must really soak her in water so that she cannot talk so much liaw

I'm not really into curry but I love the lemang