Monday, October 02, 2006

Another trip to Liulian Town

I know, I know, the 1st question that pop up in your mind after reading the title is "What?? Going to Liulian Town again???? Must be die die want to look for liulian!!!"

Went to Serian again (Yes, I was there last week and I was there again yesterday)....A friend even asked me whether I have a new found beau in Serian and I told her that I just bought a land (after cheating the owner) and am now building a big mansion as my weekend hideaway!!!
As a matter of fact, I should be going up there again mid Oct for an overnight camp

Anyway, enough of the craps. We went up to Serian yesterday to help out in the Parish Sale. SSVP was putting up a stall and I was asked to assist in the selling (and obviously the sale was a hit with me there....:-)

This is how bad the haze condition is in Serian yesterday:



This is our stall:

Sale was good and we had lots of fun buying and eating and laughing and of course, selling

On a separate issue, today is my chey chey's 7th wedding anniversary and the husband and her treated us to a dinner at Lok Thian last night......Being the creative sister, I made her a card.

Being a nice sister she is, she ordered buttered prawns and soft shelled crabs....Food was lousy compared to the last dinner we had there in August to celebrate a certain somebody's birthday...Maybe it's because of the the 2 wedding reception happening all at the same time..

Food not worth taking photos of except for this one:

Awww.....I forgot to put on my pink lipstick

I kept on saying it looks like a certain somebody's lips but that certain somebody denied it...(Or rather she was too high (after drinking a 9.9% wine) to deny it...

8 comments:

Chen said...

liulian liulian..

i'm eyeing at the bak chang inside the photo, cos the last time I ate bak chang was during duan wu jie, that was 3 months ago liao :)

Happy anniversary to your jie jie :)

muahahha.. your last picture very classic leh :P

Redsponge said...

wah...7th anniversary....CONGRATULATIONS!
This time i no laugh liao! ;p

Woi...the fish mouth is bai bai ;p

Btw, the stuff sell at ur stall hor..is jsut like the one i hav in thalassemia sales.

Is ur siow pao laku?

MNG said...

Chen
I love bak chang...The bak chang that we were selling is Nyonya bak chang (which is a bit sweet).

I prefer the typical foochow bak chang where u get the fatty fatty bits..yummy

*drool*

Redsponge
Ya lor, 7 years liaw loh....time flies...

The fish doesn't look very happy.....maybe it was caught while it was sleeping/tossing and turning in bed, that's why the ugly mouth.... I still say it looked like somebody's lips

The siew pau was laku because most of it weew bought by the members...:-) What an irony, rite? Bring up from Kuching to Serian, seel to Kuching people to bring back to Kuching
Kuching-Serian-Kuching...

Should have asked PC to bring over to you yesterday...very nice ah...I ate 3!!!

MNG said...

Junoesque
Thanks to Junoesque on behalf of papercrazy's sister and bro-in-law

MNG said...

Junoesque
Shhhhhhhhhhhh

I did not say it's ugly but just very full lor....most girls wud die to have lips like dat..No need to inject collagen to get this effect

*Look at Junoesque's lips and I think it resembles hers too!!*

*quickly run into hiding until tomorrow night*

Redsponge said...

eee when i no laughing ... that someone not appear here boh.

sad sad

U ate 3???? tsk tsk tsk...

Btw, thanks le..u so wu sim...but just FYI, i prefer curry puff 'x'!!!

MNG said...

Junoesque
Happy Bok-ing Day!!

and also Happy Chinese Birthday and happy dinner in haze tonite..

Walau eh, so many happy happy wan

Redsponge
The moral of the story - Please laugh at that someone more often...

The curry puff was good too though a bit spicy....I love char siew puff all times

MNG said...

Junoesque
Likewise

Malau kuku-chiaw