What was supposed to be a no-frill, friends-get-together dinner was turned into an insult at the end of the dinner which causes me sleepless nights and disturbed mind.
Read on......
A dinner & 3 friends
Went for dinner with Junoesque & T at Topspot. Dinner was great and we had a good laugh and we sat there for hours and the parking cost me RM3!!!
Let's talk about the good part first. Check out what we had (Boy, i seriously hope we are hepatitis-free else we sure gonna be in deep shit. Anyway, I'm not):
Deepfried oyster omelette. T & my favourite. Because of you this, we insisted on eating at Topspot (despite the haze) cos they serve very good oyster omelette. Would you believe that T & I finished the whole UFO size omelette? Junoesque saw how desperate we were in fighting the bigger piece she decided to pull out and let the 2 of us have the whole thing
Butter prawns.

Deepfried Soft-shelled crabs. This is really very very nice though J & T claimed that it was too salty. So, Malau & Pinkcotton, if you think the softshelled crabs at Lok Thian is great, wait till you try this. It's heaven.
Hah! The half-open crams clams fried in ginger, lemon grass and soya sauce. Note to the #*&%&$^ tourist: Yes, you food copycat moron, it's soya sauce, no special sauce whatsoever...and I hope you get hepatitis (cannot, too mean) stomachache after eating all the food last nite.
We wiped out clean everything on the table except for a piece each of the crabs, prawns and deer meat.
No one can guess how ridiculously cheap our dinner was last nite. The above 4 seafood dishes plus midin and stirfried deer meat and some discounts on Junoesque's royalty membership card, it cost less than RM85!!!! You don't get this price if u dine without Junoesque, mind you. So next time if you feel like splurging on seafood but could only afford a dinner of kolo mee, please bring along Junoesque but....but (of course, there's a but), you have to bring me too cos I'm not going to give you Junoesque's contact....Acting as a middle woman lah.
And yes, it's the same stall that I blogged before.
Junoesque in her new bracelet
Ok, now the next part:
The Insult
I am still fuming hot even as I typed this...anyway, 2 couples (caucasians, obviously tourists as claimed by that *&$& woman) were searching and surveying for food to order when they came across our table and T being the hospitable lot started to chat with her and introducing to her all the dishes that we had and obviously she ordered the same dishes as ours!
We ate, they ate, we talked, they talked, we laughed, they laughed, the men smoked, we don't, they called for the bill, we still talked.....(and no, though we wish they will, they did not pay for our bills)
Being the polite tourist in the land of the hornbills where food is cheap and glorious, where the monkeys eat together with the human beings, where the human beings stays on top of a tree, where their currency is 4 times larger than ours, where where where (ok, ok, stop it, papercrazy!!) , they came to our table to thank us for introducing them all the glorious food....after several thank yous, goodbyes and enjoy your meals/holidays, guess what was the lady's parting word to me????????
In her very caucasian slang "oh, u better stop eating now, you r getting (with hand gesture some) fatter!
Can't really remember the exact word but it's something to that effect
I was SHOCKED in capital letter!!!
FAT? Excuse me, FAT???????? Why, of all nerve, calling me FAT as in F-A-T??? Obese, corpulent, gemuk, pui, fei!!!!!!!
It did not drown on me what she exactly said until she left and Junoesque started to laugh out loud!
I would have walked up to her at the lift lobby and ask her to repeat what she said if it's not because I was too shock to move.......Maybe she tot that was suppose to be compliments in the land of the hornbills, where food is cheap and glorious, where the monkeys eat together with the human beings blah blah blah (yeah, u got it)
I weigh myself and I don't think I'm obese or even fat for that matter.....I might be a shortie but that doesn't entitle me a fatso!! I'm depressed now...

Tell me, is 45kg for a 5ft tall cute little petite girl with innocent look considered FAT? On 2nd tot, I think T is to be blamed for all this. Without his ever-hospitable character, we wouldn't get to know the tourists and I wouldn't be insulted then. Thanks T for making my day! Duh! We should have just be typical malaysians when they asked us about the food, acted aloof and pretending we don't understand what they were saying.
Saw them walking on the road as I drove down from the carpark....If it's not because I'm a good Catholic, I would have rammed into the curb and knock them off!!! (hehehe..just a thought lah, I don't think i deserve to be locked up in jail over a silly remark!) but I would have wind down my window and shouted to her that I am not fat if it's not because of the quick moving traffic then.
19 comments:
Junoesque
I did lots of tossing in bed last nite (until I fell off the bed) thinking about it and I'm still fuming hot
and somebody has to rub it in by sms me to suggest few ways to get even!!!
Send durians to her room would not be a good idea cos she might ended up pleased and eat it since she likes our local food so much!
Let's fart in her room! *poooooooooot*
"is 45kg for a 5ft tall cute little petite girl with innocent look considered FAT?"
HELO HELO???u still a GIRL meh???i tot u r oredi an AUNTIE!
WAH!O JIEN!WA PUN AI!
45kg for a 5ft!@@!..
U R THIN laa..super thin
now i feel i am fat..SOBB
*GO TO A CORNER AND CRY (T_T)*
*pat pat*
Poor girl...
You are not fat at all la! Dun worry! Dun worry!
wah.. u r 45 kg only?
so light, like a feather..
high chance of being blown by the wind :P
aiyoh.. must piak that angmoh..
so biadap for calling u fat
or might be that angmoh had delusion?
this PC really very cheeky..
must piak her as well for misbehave :P
So geram with blogspot...I typed typed replies, then click publish, tiba tiba everything went missing....The angmoh punya angkara...She must have read my blog and put a curse on it. Now have to re-type...sien
13thpanda
Welcome to my hut! Yr 1st time post comment hoh??
No lah, I am not superthin...I don't think I am thin too...but then I don't need an angmoh to tell me mah...
Sad liaw...
*Go and find 13thpanda in a corner and boohoohoo together until banjir satu corner*
Redsponge
Still sad boh....Come and console me??
Hands stretch out wide wide (like Bulat) waiting for kuku c to pau pau me*
Chen
Thanks for iniating the piak-king at the angmoh....Let's hope her next destination is Penang and she will go to your hospital for diarrhoe...u give her laxative ok? (Ai see ah, so mean ah me....retract retract what I said)
Ya lah, maybe she had delusion from too much high cholesterol food...
This PC memang like dat wan...So sien!
Anyway, i went and weigh myself last night and bladdy hell, I gained extra 1 kg!! Must be the angmoh's urse.....eeeee.....better not talk about her liaw lah...on 2nd tot, she look a bit like a witch oh....scary liaw
*twilight zone music suddenly played by itself*
hahaha...really funny lei.
but don't worry lah, u r actually considered very thin lah...everywhere also no meat and no shape...oopps...i think i better run.
*cabut*
Junoesque
Close case liaw...I don't wanto end up being a living proof of what the lady said
Malau
Grrrrrrrrr...calling me no meat??
*browsing thru catalogue for silicone implant and colagen injection*
question, is the tourist fat?
Mr Goober
Not at all fat. In fact she was so skinny and dry...Her boobies also saging!
err... i know why u suddenly gain extra one kg .. cos... something wrong with your weighing machine, right? That's why it gave wrong reading :P
ok la ok la..
lai *pao pao*
'x'!!!
I dont think you are... you know.
Don't let a silly remark put you down.
The main thing is you know yourself and of coz being healthy too
:)
Just forget bout those fools k!
Happy thoughts
Chen
As much as I like to blame it on the faulty weighing machine, I think I really gained extra 1 kg. Ate too much over the past few days...
I have a shock of my life last nite when I weigh myself at my parents' house. The machine showed that I was 50kgs!!! after several jumps on the machine, I noticed that the needle was not really working! Phew!
Redsponge
*Hands open wide wide until penat liaw but still no sign of RS*
Zeroimpact
U r right! Health is much more important than what's shown on the weighing machine
*Munching kangkung, kailan & midin while typing*
Healthy or not????
maybe from where she's from, everybody is big around her except herself. u shud replied to her that u r trying to get fat but couldn't, being 45 kg for the last 20 years already. damn.
Anonymous
Ya hoh? Good the idea lei....maybe she thought everyone my age where she comes from is fat and so she assume I will be fat anytime now....
Duh!
the tourist had her "Complimenting" department blocked by the good food that you guys recommended.....See! recommend the wrong thing......you get the effect
Junoesque is really one kind...afterher friend being insulted still wanting to go through the trouble of 1. buying durian
2. Check with Hilton if tourist stays there 3. Check with Holiday Inn if the poor sod stays there 4. drive down to hotel. 5. put durian in some nice DOLCE & Gabbana bag ( knowing J ) and shashay through hotel lobby to 1. conceal the fact that the bag contains durian 2. pretend she is back from her shopping trip .to fool the security guard so that her "BOMB" is safe.....well .....how she gets to the tourist's room is another story....... 9 out of ten for effort Junoesque...but if you see me with that durian I would be so happy......don't waste it on that *&^%$# tourist..........
Enrique
LOL
Well, I don't know you personally but u seemed to be a very imaginative person. Dolce & Gabbana indeed...and how do u know Junoesque is into this brand name???? U seem to know Junoesque quite well
Post a Comment