Tuesday, October 03, 2006

See what I received in the mail today

"It is better to give than to receive"

"The more u give, the more you will receive"


I've always believed in the above sayings.......I love to give pressies to people and will normally find an occasion to do so, be it birthdays, anniversaries or even 1k hit, but of course it has to be somebody dear to me lah, I don't give things to strangers...and I normally get something in return, be it in kind of otherwise (but not money lah). I'll only get cash in return of my buying the 4D.

I can tell you of a dear friend who has never failed in giving me pressies for my birthdays, christmas and whenever she goes holiday....any kind of presents u can think about...from food to decorative items to nice cute lil panties to just anything you can think of. And of course, I reciprocate lah whenever I go elsewhere....check out what I bought her for her birthday at the end of this post


Anyway, without further ado, let's see what I got in the mail today:


A pressie from Andy in US. Knowing my addiction for craft materials, I was the 1st person he thought of when he came across the punches...U don't get the 3-corner fiskars punch in Kuching and boy, am I glad to receive it...It's not cheap at all, mind you!

There's a lil note that says "Hi, Hope you can use these with your cards! Signed, Andy"

Note: Andy is my one and only e-pal and we have been e-pals for almost 10 years! Who says you can't go home (eh, sorry, that's Bon Jovi's song). Who says u can't have e-pal for such a long period of time??? Thanks so very much Andy! *hugs*

Since we are on this, have I told you lately (aiyah, why song again...Sorry, Rod Stewart, no time for soapy song) Have I told u that I've got some more gifts from my parents' visit to NZ? Here goes:

Stickers and Fiskars tool from daddy, mummy, aunty and cousins

Necklaces and bracelets from Mummy for chey2x, me and mei2x. Chey2x and I benefited more from these cos mei2x was not interested

Ink pad from Brother Bear

Ok, enough of the receiving. Let me show you what I have given my chey chey for her 7th wedding anniversary:

A nice butterfly hair clip from Korea

And in return, she treated me to this for lunch just now:

Mushroom and Ham Fusilli at Elephant

and this is what I'm giving my dearest closest lesbian friend Junoesque for her birthday. I shall only be giving her tonight so I hope she's not reading my blog now(which I doubt cos she's reading it on a daily basis) (Yeah, I know her birthday was over but we did not get to meet each other due to our tight schedule lor....so we are meeting for dinner 2nite to celebrate her chinese birthday which is 2moro, Mooncake Festival)

Bracelet from Korea

That's about Giving and Receiving and my only wish now is to receive this:

(Those on my msn would have noticed it) :-).

It's Hero Arts flower rubber stamps (a pack of 5)

I know, I know, it's too early to put up a wish list for Santa (I hope Santa has a broadband connection in North Pole and are reading my blog too)..Nevertheless, I'm just taking the safety measure, just in case he doesn't have broadband and assuming that he checks his mail only once every 2 months, he will still get my wish list before Christmas. A note to Santa: Hey Santa, u can get this from Singapore (SGD43.50) or Papier in KL (RM135.00) Love u Santa!!!

On a separate note, "accidentally" typing title of songs in my blogs suddenly reminded me how we used to use song title to write letters to friends during my secondary years....Those who came from the same era as me would have remembered it......

We even got words made out from name of countries like France, Italy and what else..

F - Friendship

R - remains

A - and

N - never

C - can

E - end

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Those were the days of pinafores and piggytails

6 comments:

MNG said...

Junoesque
HO! Should have u block you from reading!! Anyway, hope you'll like the bracelet

Yes, Andy my one and only e-pal...Remembered both of us wrote to 1 each and yours was a nay office or something like that...and we even got to eat Lays sour cream chips sent to you all the way from US!!

Anonymous said...

That is so true...
You will make a lot of people happy
:)

Chen said...

it's always nice to receive pressie.

The stickers reminds me of primary school days :P My last set of stickers were given by a net friend in 1998. He sent me tons of titanic stickers ;)

I guess u need to write snail mail to Santa. He doesn't have computer leh..

MNG said...

Zeroimpact
Come to me all you who are downtrodden and sad for I will make u happy with pressies...:-)

Chen
I have lots of stickers too during my primary days. In fact, I used to collect stickers and present wrappers during my primary school days....

Eh? I tot North Pole got broadband? Tarak ah? Never mind lor, 3 months should be sufficient for my mail to reach him

*Looking for snail in the garden amidst the haze and dry weather*

Anonymous said...

Oh you are just so sweet...
:)

MNG said...

Zeroimpact
Awwwwwww.......u r so kind for calling me sweet. My sweetness cud have been due to the over consumption of condensed milk!

*eyes blink blink*

*chase away ants from attacking a sweet me*