Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Crocs

Don't be misled by the title of this post....it's not about the late Steve Irwin, or rather the infamous Crocodile Hunter

but then again, since I have mentioned his name, might as well make a slight diversion and contribute the first part of my post to him....

Poor man, from the way he handled the crocs and what not, I've always thought that he will die in the mouth of crocs but doesn't seem that way! From what I gathered, his death was very rare and unfortunate...Read on here. In general, stingray is a shy creature and would not attack unless it is 'provoked'. He was stabbed in the heart by a stingray's barb, so I guess the cause of his death is more of puncturing of heart than the sting! Talking about bad luck!!

So, to show our respect to him, we decided to do away with our fav bbq stingray with sambal last night and went for sambal sardine instead!!

Anyway, back to my original post

I was given the honour (thanks to my panglima) to try on a RM129.90 rubber cheese-look-alike ay tua/slippers which is fondly known as crocs........




Last night was the 1st time I laid my stinking feet into such an expensive slippers.....Hmmmm, how do I explain the feeling??? Of course, one thing for sure, I feel rich (who doesn't when u get to wear slippers that cost u more than RM100!!) and I must say it is very comfy because of the sufficient ventilation....no more stinking feet.....but on 2nd thot, will it not make those with a perpetuallyhongkong athlete's feet even worse by emitting the stink out instead of just confine to the shoes??? I wonder.......

Here are some random pixs of the slippers in question.....

Top view

Front View

Side View



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i definetely agree with Junoesque. i wudn't be caught dead wearing such shoe and at such price some more.

i think it's already starting here in Kuching tho, cos i just saw one lady using it when i was out this morning..and it's a yellow one.

spare me the torture anytime..of being gawk at. i rather spend the RM100.00 on something else.

MNG said...

One man's meat is another man's poison.....

But it's really cute and light...Good for walking.

Anonymous said...

These crocs (buaya) are very comfortable and I don't have to powder my toes anymore because my feet don't smell! Very good buy. I encourage everyone to at least try them and you will be tempted to buy. I went shopping for hours in them and my feet didn't even complain. But of course, I cannot wear them to a wedding dinner lah.... Those who are badmouthing these crocs don't know what they are missing........... Ciao

Redsponge said...

eeeeeee
when i first saw the advertisement ard the street in KL, i jsut take a glimpse and wondered: eee how come the cheap plastic shoes also need to advertise big big like that????

khik..and when i saw it at Lot 10, then i know it is not any cheap shoes.

Really good to wear kar? it looks like elephant like that! oops!

MNG said...

Junoesque/Malau/RedSponge
Thank you for the comments.....I have to agree with Anonymous, u need to try it on before u know how comfy it is.....nevertheless, To each his/her own....

Enough comments liaw hah.....

MNG said...

Oh, I know of certain somebody who would definitely give a thumbs up for this slippers....too bad he's not reading my blog anymore...:-(